Sunday, December 05, 2004

an awful cliche but a heartfelt rant

Just thought I'd pen a few thoughts down on why I feel so strongly about helping DB and DLB out. I think it was when I was 18 and had finished my As and going to army when I realised that knowing the immense nature of history, my name is probably not going to last many years on this earth. I asked myself how I was going to be remembered by people after I was gone to be with God and my answer was that if I actually poured my life out into others, maybe I would be remembered for a few years longer. People like Benjamin Chew and TC Koh are still remembered today because they left an indelible mark on others and I wanted to be like them. This may sound selfish but I guess God has changed this train of thought into something more selfless, to becoming more like Him instead, because He was the ultimate giver on earth.

Maybe years from now, people like Leon, Esmond, Chevy, Gabriel may not even remember who I am but if I can just reach and help be the conduit for change in that one person, just maybe it could be all worthwhile. Maybe thats why I teach (besides getting the scholarship of course)

So, how will YOU be remembered?