Sunday, February 06, 2005

mutterings

Just in the midst of the weekend before the CNY break, which will be my last real break for a while. Got a ton of assignments on hand and I will look at those over the break, making it a working holiday. It is the proverbial calm before the storm, before a torrent of work-related stress pours in like so many unwanted wave lashing. Its practicum in 2 weeks...

Anyway, I am hopeful cos God is on my side. He proved it in worship today and I am always floored and humbled that He can take a guy who can passably sing, with a running nose and have him lead a time of worship that was so real and intimate. Indeed, we are made for Him and there are few better places to go on a Sat afternoon than in God's presence. As my stoic Indonesian friend would say: God is real in my life! Amen!

Felicia leaves this evening. I will miss her truly. Wow, it was just like yesterday that we were talking about whether or not Wellington would take her and now she is going.

"Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane
I can see the red taillights
Heading for Spain
I can see Daniel waving goodbye
O it looks like Daniel
Must be the clouds in my eyes"

-Daniel by John and Taupin (1974)