Saturday, April 15, 2006

faith

We all lack it at some point or another. We doubt, we disagree, we refuse to believe. Perhaps,we have seen cases where things did not turn out the way we wanted.

She didnt get healed
They didnt get the provision they needed
Troubling times remain

The psalmists went through these and more and they still clung onto God for sustinence. The difference? They were desperate enough the believe. Here, we banter, debate, ask and doubt. I wouldnt know why that didnt happen or God didnt seem to come through there. Its a fallen world. Does this negate my God? Only if you allow it to. Its not iron-clad scientific law. Things happen and we do not know the circumstances under which they did. When you are safe and fed, you have time to doubt. When your life is at stake, you cling on harder.

I still believe God's promises of provision, wellness, identity and purpose are there for me and I choose to claim them for my own. If you do not want to or doubt these for YOURSELF (you only know your own heart), then so be it.