Sunday, August 28, 2005

thoughts

Just thinking. As I start my career, I realise that it is becoming increasingly difficult to serve in ministry and keep up the standards I set for myself in my career. I could do both but then I really would not have what we would term a life. It is totally true: serve God all you can as a student. Once you hit the marketplace (whatever you call it) your form of service has to take a different form.

The problem is that it will be difficult to tear myself from certain commitments. Worship leading has been great, but I most likely may have to give it up, esepecially when I czannot see myself leading week in and week out of vintage worship. The heart to lead in the area is not there. I would gladly lead the guys but to sit through 4 hours of meetings to do that may mean that I have to give that up as well if it is insisted upon. Now I know what the young adults go through