Thursday, December 28, 2006

My Favorite Albums

As many of you know, I buy more albums than almost anyone else I know. I add about 3 to my collection legitimately a week and these range from the secular (and occasionall,the profane) to the spriritual. Just going to blog about some of my favourite Christian music projects from this year.



Leeland- Sound of Melodies



One of the most exciting projects of the year, not because it is SO brilliant (although its Keane-ish sound is really qute sweet and Leeland Mooring's voice has the nice blend of calmness and emotion), but because Mooring himself, the lead singer and writer, is so young at 18. He was also asked to write for Michael W. Smith for Smith's own album "Stand", also released this year. Standout tracks for me include "Tears of the Saints" and "Carried to the Table". You won't really be singing these songs in a corporate settng but for quiet times of devotion, these are really quite suitable. Look for Leeland and his band in the years to come.









powered by performancing firefox