Tuesday, May 03, 2005

president

Former president Wee Kim Wee dies. He was probably a nice guy, lots of people seem sad. However, to me the president is just a friendly grandfatherly mascot but I think within that role, Dr. Wee did well. He was everyone's granddad. I guess he kind of put a human face on the bureaucracy. I'm not an emotional guy so all this outpouring of grief bewilders me.

Met up with NIE folk again to swap war stories. A good time indeed. But you have to wonder why NIE calls you all the way to Boon Lay for 4 hours to fill in 4 feedback forms. I guess it buy time till posting comes.

Anyway, instead of posting letter I get a SAF 100 in the mail... Oh well, at least its with HQ and not other siong units. Jan 06 is the ICT date...

Swam another 30 laps today with the Es and Evie. I think Es and me are getting chao tah, Malay-like. Arrgh. I think I've lost a grand total of 1 cm around the waist. Well, at least the darkness gives the impression of fitness. Bleah.
LOL