Monday, November 29, 2004

reminiscing old times

Watched old WWF matches from 1990-1996 era online today. I really enjoyed the Survivor Series 90 match b/w Ted Dibiase and Bret Hart and still remember the finish till this day. Those guys really told a story in the ring and that's the essence of good professional wrestling. It may be controlled violence, but its no less dramatic and athletic. I still remember the original broadcast in Singapore was interrupted by a Gulf War update. Funny how the important points in my life are marked by wrestling matches. Haha, thats just me lah.

And I watched matches by Shawn Michaels and this guy is really good, whether working with smaller guys like Davey Boy Smith or behemoths like Yokozuna. He is indeed a real legend in the flesh and can move and relay that important narrative in the ring.